Name: Marie Diaz
Company: Pursuit of Excellence,
Business Description: HR Resources & Organizational Development
Please inquire with The CEO Clubs for member contact information.
Pursuit of Excellence Inc. is a Dallas Based company founded in 1994 by Ms.
Marie Diaz. While independently working with Fortune 500 companies as an Organizational
Development Consultant and Coach, Ms. Diaz in 1997 incorporated and expanded
her business into a full scope of human resources offerings, including: HR Risk
Management Consulting, Organizational Development and Training, Payroll Processing,
and Employee Benefit Administration and Recruiting. “Our time effective HR Success
Systems have positioned Pursuit of Excellence Inc. as an industry leader today
and well into the future”.
Currently business owners, executives, leadership, management, sales people
and other professionals around the world use Pursuit of Excellence success processes
to improve HR risk management compliance, leadership performance, and business
processes to help manage their most valuable asset: their employees.
While being a strong advocate for small business growth and entrepreneurship,
Ms. Diaz is very passionate about the growth and success of her community, the
people who make it a success and, most importantly, helping others succeed.
Giving Back to the Community:
- • 2005-2006 she served as Vice Chairman of the Board of the Greater
Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, one of the largest Hispanic Chambers
- • Board of Director Member and Advisory Committee of the following organizations:
- • Dallas Theater of Arts;
- • North Dallas Chamber of Commerce;
- • Anita Martinez Ballet Folklorica;
- • The POE Foundation;
- • Boys & Girls Club
- • St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- • Communities in Schools
- • PEW – Partnership for America’s Economic Success Advisory Board Committee
- • “Making of Champions” (MOC)
- • Selected in 2009 to Chair the DFW Minority Business Council Access
- • Ms. Diaz has been privileged and honored to be asked to speak as a
key note speaker from National to International community leaders at several
conferences which include:
- • DISD Knowledge is Power Conference, influencing Business and Industry
about business growth;
- • DISD Ladies of Purpose Conference, influencing young Latinas;
- • The Dialogue on Diversity in its IT/Entrepreneurship Conference in
Los Angeles California;
- • The Nevada Youth Congress, Presented by the Univ. of Nevada &
the Hispanic Leadership Summit;
- • North Dallas Chamber of Commerce 8th Annual HR Conference;
- • The Rhode Island Hispanic American Chamber of Commerce 7th Annual
- • The 22nd National Hispanic Women’s Conference, in Phoenix, Arizona;
- • Small Business Administration: MedWeek Awards Program “Professional
- • DISD Knowledge is Power Conference, Keynote Speaker;
- • HCA Women’s Business Conference & Luna Awards;
- • Hispanic Business Alliance Biz/Ed Expo 2008, Strategies to Improve
- • DFW Minority Business Council Access 2009 Convention
- • GDHCC Latina Empowerment Lecture Series;
- • Dallas CEC Chapter meeting on Business Ethics;
- • NAHREP luncheon on Strategic Planning for action oriented people;
- • NHPO-HOWTO mixer, Austin, Tx.
Awards and Recognitions:
- • In 2006 Ms. Diaz Won the National AMA Award - An award given to the
top 10 Latina Entrepreneur Business Owners in the nation with the fastest
growing company in addition to giving back to her community;
- • In 2006 Ms. Diaz was recognized by US Senator John Cornyn for her
contributions to her growth in business as a women entrepreneur and community
- • In 2006 Ms. Diaz received from the “The Senate of the State of Texas”
by Senator Royse West a Senate Proclamation No. 1163 Whereas recognizing,
In addition to her work as CEO of her own company she generously donates
her time to the community;
- • In 2006 Ms. Diaz was recognized by Congresswomen Eddie Bernice Johnson
for her vision, mentorship and her continued leadership and commitment to
helping others succeed;
- • In 2007 Ms. Diaz was recognized by the U.S Senator of Rhode Island
Jack Reed, Lieutenant Governor of the state of Rhode Island Elizabeth H.
Roberts, the Office of the Secretary of State A. Ralph Morris and the Member
of Congress James R. Langer for the 2007 HACCRI Hispanic Business Vision
and Leadership Award.
- • In 2007 Ms. Diaz was acknowledged by the Mayor of the City of Providence
with the Citizen Citation in recognition of her exemplary devotion to economic
and professional excellence and generous I and invaluable support for the
Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Rhode Island and its programs for helping
to grow and develop the Hispanic businesses of their City and State a record
of achievement and dedication.
- • In 2007 Pursuit of Excellence CEO Marie Diaz was honored the Gold
Medal of achievement award by the North Central Texas Regional Certification
Agency-NCTRCA at the annual NCTRCA Gala Awards Ceremony held at the Gaylord
Texan Resort Hotel, Grapevine, Texas
- • In 2008 Ms. Diaz was listed in the Dallas Business Journal as one
of the Top 50 Minority-Owned Businesses in the Dallas area.
- • In 2008 Ms. Diaz was recognized by DISD as developing the district’s
Mentor Protégé Program, personally educating minority and women-owned businesses
regarding best industry practices, recommending a training curriculum designed
to grow minority and women-owned companies.
- • In 2008 Ms. Diaz was recognized and written about in Latino Biz Magazine
as one of the top fastest growing business leaders who give back to their
- • In 2008 Ms. Diaz was recognized and noted in Latino Biz Magazine in
a Special Report “Texas Op Ed” regarding Early Childhood Education for Hispanics.
- • In 2008 Ms. Diaz was recognized by the Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber
as one of DFW’s Top Entrepreneurs “Best of the Best.”
- • In 2008 Ms. Diaz and Pursuit of Excellence, Inc. was recognized by
the North Central Texas Regional Certification Agency as “Business of the
- • In 2008 Ms. Diaz was awarded the “Local Employment Growth Award” at
the Momentum Awards by the Dallas Regional Chamber.
- • In 2009 Ms. Diaz was selected as a 2009 Minority Business Leader Honoree
by the Dallas Business Journal.
- • In 2009 Ms. Diaz's company Pursuit of Excellence, Inc. was listed
as one of Hispanic Business Magazine’s 500 largest U.S. Hispanic-owned Companies.
- • In 2009 Ms. Diaz’s company Pursuit of Excellence, Inc. was listed
as on of Hispanic Business Magazine’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
- • In 2009 Ms. Diaz won "Inclusiveness Champion of the Year - Corporate
Individual" from Ernst & Young’s Celebration of Diversity event.
- • In 2009 Ms. Diaz won “MBE Advocate of the Year” from the Dallas Minority
Business Development Council at the
- • In 2009 Ms. Diaz won the Advocacy Award from the Greater Dallas Hispanic
Chamber of Commerce at the “La Cima” Awards.
- • In 2009 Ms. Diaz was awarded the “Best of the Best” DFW’s Top Entrepreneur
award by the Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Future Growth 2010
- • Austin • Houston • San Antonio
- • October 2009 opened New York Office.
- • Ms. Diaz is a proud mother of three boys and resides in Dallas, Texas.